Thursday, August 9, 2018

My Cluttered Little Studio

I have a studio which is more than many artists have.  So that is nice.  I see so many posting photos of their art space and it is small and cramped and they produce wonderful art anyway.  So, I should be producing better stuff than I am.  Not enough time spent in there is what I suspect the problem is.  Anyway, I am always very interested in seeing other artists work space, so I decided to post a bit of mine.

Back in my art school days, my classmates would make fun of me for organizing and laying out all of my tubes of paint and brushes every class.  Things haven't changed much in that regard.  It is an OCD thing, I think.  I work better when my tools are organized.
I built the brush holder and the paint tube rack myself. 

A few of my paintings.  (Some in the back and top are studies or mastercopies of other artists work.)

My easel, which is really a table.  Real easels bother the heck outta me.

I have a drawing table as well (and another in the house).  And stuff tucked everywhere!  But it is cluttered neatly!
Unfortunately, I do not have any windows, but I like to work mainly at night, so I guess that really doesn't matter.  And I have to use an air conditioner to filter my air and I have to run it in the winter, too (but just on the fan setting).  It is a decent space, but the bathroom is all the way in the house and it never fails that just when I am really getting into the paint, I have to make the hike.

2 comments:

  1. Best artist ever- your art is amazing and I am forever a fan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ms. Pfoutz! I see you haven't posted in a while, so I hope you see this. I think you were my bus driver in FL. I still have a print you sold me that I love. If not, then you have a FL doppelganger that likes the same things you do. I'm so glad to see you're still doing art. You're one of the reasons I do art! Hope you're well!

    ReplyDelete